Friday, July 29, 2011

Back to Boston...

It's been a while since my last update, but as they say, no news is
good news! Scotty had done really well the last two weeks since his
last (second) chemo treatment. He is slowly getting his strength back and has even put on about 12 pounds!!! (He was down about 30, give or take.) He handled the last treatment really well, besides about 4 days of nausea, and with each day you could see him getting stronger. He is so amazing, his balance and grace through this whole experience is inspiring and extremely admirable.

I don't have much to report except that Scotty will be heading back to Brigham & Women's tonight to begin his third round of treatment tomorrow morning. We really hoped that since the new Dana Farber in
Londonderry is only 5 minutes from our house that he would be able to
do this round outpatient and be able to sleep in his own bed every
night. We learned that the reason for this is that his "situation" is
rare and the doctors in Boston didn't feel the team in NH has had
experience with his situation and wanted to make sure he was in the
best place, which although a bummer, we both completely agree. I will
be bringing him tonight (I still have to call and find out when!) and
his chemo will start around 8-10am tomorrow morning. I know they are
supposed to do a scan of the tumors so I'm not sure when the results
will be available, but as soon as they are, that is when I'll make
another update.

I know some of you have seen some of my updates on Facebook, but
Scotty has found himself a new hobby! RC cars! :) He's like a big kid
as he builds the kits at a desk set up in his room, paints and
decorates them... and then takes them outside to beat on. His first
purchase was the Lunchbox which was a kit that he put together as a
child with his father. Recently he just purchased the ClodBuster
which is a truck and he's been having a blast with that. It makes me
so happy to see him all lit up and doing something that makes him
happy and stress free. I'm attaching a picture that will hopefully put
a smile on your face!

Please continue your amazing support and keep the prayers, positive
thoughts, mail and visits coming. Please no drop-by visits without
checking in with Scotty first because each day is different for him on
chemo and too many visitors at once makes him uncomfortable. We don't
yet know his room number but he can give it to you when you check in
with him for a visit. I can't stress enough how hearing from you in
all the different ways you have reached out means more than any words
can describe and it's all of us as a team that is going to get him
through it. His friends and family mean SO MUCH to him so please
remind him that he is always thought of and LOVED!

Hopefully with the next update I'll be showcasing the new Super Scotty
logo! Mike Martell and I have been in collaboration working on a neat
little visual representation of our favorite super hero, so stay
tuned! :)

With MUCH LOVE, strength and peace,
Jax & Scotty

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! That is an awesome pic! :) I've been rockin my SUPER SCOTTY band every day! You are both always in my thoughts and prayers! :) please don't hesitate to ask for anything!
    Love, Stacy
    P.s. I hope the purple extensions are keeping there color! :)

    ReplyDelete