Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lance Armstrong Supports Scotty

What an awesome 24 hours! Last night on our way in to the hospital, Scotty got an email from Lance Armstrong! Well really it was an email from someone in Lance's camp but it contained a personalized video message made for Scotty! Sally Martell, a close friend of ours, reached out to her contacts and was able to make this happen for him. It was such an emotional moment and it made it all the more real that this is it: Round 4. And even Lance Armstrong himself, supports him. Scotty sent it to Dr. Pomerantz and he and the other doctors thought it was really cool! I love how happy it makes Scotty, it must make him feel so good... so special... and supported. :)



This morning I finally got to meet the infamous Dr. Pomerantz. Over the past few months I always missed him since I would get there at night and leave in the late morning, and he always stopped by in the afternoons. His first words to us were "Did you hear the good news?" Scotty asked 'what news'? "Your tumor markers are down to 70. Based on your record of numbers, this round would put you into remission." Of course we have to wait a few weeks one he's done on Wednesday to get the scans, and then there's the talk of the tumor vs. scar tissue... but I'm going to visualize that tumors will be obviously diminished on their own so there will be nothing to worry about surgically. Care to join me? ;)

I left the hospital today and Scotty is in great spirits. Yesterday was a tough day for him because he was having such a great stretch of time before he had to come back in that it was like hitting the wall again. I just heard from him and he's starting to feel crappy as the finishes up his second day. But I keep reminding him that he's almost done, that he's got this one, and that he's a Super Hero! (My hero!)



1 comment:

  1. love love love...I'm going to visualize health and happiness for the two of you...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete